7th to 12th March 2021
- The competition will include a teams competition on ZLTAC format as well as 2 Triples competitions. The teams event will be 24 games PLUS finals. The Triples competition will include an elimination format and a format resembling ZLTAC Doubles (with an extra player)
- Even though this event is run by Laserzone Brisbane, the ZLTAC Code of Conduct will apply
- Arena changes are expected in February 2021. A final arena map will be released by the end of Feb 2021
- Tournament Coordinators are Ben Baker (Bootza) and Sam Gibbs (Pain). Additional TC’s may be added prior to the competition start date
- The cost of the event will be $225pp. Registration includes entry to the Teams event, both Triples events and allocated training.
FORMATS, SETTINGS, RULES
- ZLTAC game rules & settings apply
- Maximum 22 teams. A limit of 5 teams from QLD will be allowed. Extra spots may be made available to QLD teams if space is available when registrations close. Teams that are expected to rank higher will be prioritised
- There is NO restriction on team formation
- Game scheduling will be different to the ZLTAC’s. We will be trialling a pooling system where teams play in either Pool A or Pool B depending on their position after the initial qualifying round. There will be a 6 game qualifying round and 3 Pool Rounds of 6 games each. At the completion of the first 2 Pool Rounds, a number of teams will swap between Pool A and Pool B. At the completion of the final Pool Round, the teams will be set in position for the finals. More information will be released closer to the start date of the tournament regarding the finals system. Draws will be released by the end of January 2021
- All teams will receive some allocated training games as part of their registration fee. Some allocated training games will begin on Sat 6th March.
- Unallocated training will be available for teams to train in off-peak times during the week leading in to the Rumble at rates that resemble ZLTAC’s. More information will be released about this soon
- QLD teams will not be training unless specifically invited to unallocated training times or to fill out vacated spots in the allocated training times
VOLUNTEERS & REFEREE’S
- Volunteers applications will open in January 2021. Laserzone Brisbane would love to have you on our organisational team. A similar volunteer system to that of ZLTAC will be utilised. Positions will be available for Assistant Event Coordinators, Head Referees and Media Team
- All teams will be expected to provide Referees for the tournament. Referees already qualified for ZLTAC’s will be pre-qualified to referee. More information will be released for unqualified Referees closer to the tournament start date
- If you are a spare player that does not have a team, please email Ben (email@example.com) to register your interest in being placed on the spares list
- If you have part of a team, and you are looking for a player to complete your team, please contact Ben (firstname.lastname@example.org) for access to the spare players list
To provide the maximum flexibility under the current situation with COVID, we have kept costs low by excluding merchandise from the tournament inclusions and by having a refundable deposit policy for withdrawals due to COVID.
All these cost savings have been passed on to participants by the way of a reduced registration fee.
Laserzone Brisbane adheres to our industry COVID safe plan.
HOW TO REGISTER - CLOSES 15 DEC 2020
Get your team together and register by the 15th December by clicking on the button below.
Once your team is approved, you will be asked to pay a refundable deposit by the 27th December to secure your spot. The final announcement of which teams have been approved will be made on the 29th December.